Many affiliate marketers are doing a great job focusing exclusively on digital interaction with the company they are marketing for, and with the visitors to their web properties. We tend to focus on new and innovative marketing strategies, and often with good reason. Overlooking inbound call marketing, however, might be a big mistake. This is confirmed by a new infographic published by Invoca.
The infographic (see below) provides dozens of statistics, most of them centered around how effective it can be to encourage users to make an inbound call. With click-to-call features in mobile and other online advertisements, it is even possible to track these calls much more accurately, which is essential for any affiliate.
Whether you are directing the inbound calls directly to the company being promoted, or you hire someone to take your own inbound calls, and then work with the caller to make an affiliate purchase, this is a type of marketing you won’t likely want to ignore. Some of the most interesting facts from this infographic include:
• 61% of mobile searches result in a phone call being made
• It is estimated that by 2016, mobile search will drive nearly 70 Billion phone calls to businesses
• From 2011 to 2013 US businesses have seen an increase in online-derived phone calls from 34.7 per day to 80.9
• 47% of mobile searchers reported that they are more likely to seek out an alternate brand if they can’t easily find a phone number on the website
• 70% of searchers act on mobile search results within 1 hour of searching
These are some impressive statistics. Given the fact that hiring someone to take inbound calls is easier and less expensive than ever, it only makes sense for all marketers, including affiliate marketers, to have phone numbers available for potential customers to call.
Hiring a service that charges you by the call, and is able to follow provided sales scripts can be extremely effective. Even using offshore resources for this type of thing will often provide callers with the type of information and interaction they desire.
Look at the infographic below for additional information. Also, share your thoughts and opinions in the comments section.