In short, programmatic advertising is a form of automated online advertising. publishers sell digital ad space through ad exchanges, and buyers use those exchanges to enter bids for their content to be advertised. Then, an automated algorithm uses advanced analytics to determine the correct placement of these ads on publishing sites, based on factors like industry and demographics. This ensures that the ads are seen by the people who are most likely to be interested in them, which gives the ads the best bang for their buck.
Last week I examined reasons that many people want to see programmatic disappear. I got a lot of responses via email of people who felt that I was extremely unforgiving and unfair. I understand the need to be cheerleaders of the industry, but it’s also silly to ignore some serious issues that keep plaguing us.
It’s no secret that programmatic advertising is on the rise. In fact, it’s projected to account for a whopping 90.2% of all digital display ad spending in the US by 2022. But what does that mean for the average advertiser? Well, for one thing, it means that you’re going to need to up your game if you want to stay competitive.
With so much money flowing into programmatic ads, you can bet that your competitors are already making use of this powerful tool.
Programmatic advertising is a game-changer for companies who want to purchase ad space. In the past, the process was quite manual and time-consuming. With programmatic advertising, the entire process has been automated, making it much easier and faster.
This form of advertising is particularly beneficial for companies who want to stay ahead of their competitors. With programmatic advertising, they can quickly and easily purchase ad space on websites, social media platforms, and other digital spaces. As a result, they can reach their target audience more quickly and effectively.
Here are Six great reasons that programmatic works:
1. Programmatic advertising is a great way to scale your ad campaigns quickly and easily. You can reach more people in a shorter amount of time, and you don’t have to worry about overspending on your ad budget. Instead of worrying about if you can grow your campaign, you know there is more inventory to buy immediately. This makes programmatic advertising the perfect solution for businesses that want to scale quickly and efficiently.
2. Programmatic ad buying is one of the most efficient ways to reach your target market. By using programmatic ad buying, you have the potential to reach millions of consumers that you wouldn’t be able to reach through traditional methods such as print ads or television commercials. This vast reach makes programmatic ad buying an essential tool in media buying. Programmatic ad buying allows you to target your ads more effectively, meaning that you’re more likely to reach consumers that are interested in your product or service. This increased targeting leads to higher conversion rates and a more successful media buy overall.
3. You know that feeling when you’re scrolling through your social media feed and you see an ad for something that you were just talking about with your friends? That’s the power of programmatic ad buying. By using data to target your ads specifically to people who are interested in what you’re selling, you can make sure that your message is seen by the right people at the right time. And that’s not all – programmatic ad buying can also help you to track the performance of your ads in real-time, so you can make adjustmements on the fly to ensure that your campaign is as successful as possible. In other words, if you’re not using programmatic ad buying, you’re missing out on a powerful tool that can help you to reach your target audience more effectively.
4. In the world of online advertising, data is king. And with programmatic ad buying, you can get real-time data feedback so that you can see how your ads are performing and make necessary adjustments on the fly. This allows you to optimize your campaigns for maximum ROI. But data isn’t just for optimization purposes. It can also be used to track brand awareness, reach, and frequency. So if you’re not using data to inform your programmatic ad buying strategy, you’re missing out on a big opportunity to improve your results.
5. CMOs, if you’re not doing programmatic advertising, your competitors will be and they’ll have a leg up on reaching potential customers with their ads. Programmatic targeting works best for reaching specific demographics or interests within an audience base, so if you’re not using this method, you’re at a disadvantage. Make sure you stay ahead of the competition by incorporating programmatic advertising into your marketing mix.
While it is clear that programmatic technology is highly efficient and has a lot of fans who feel it is here to stay, there are also those who question its impact on the industry. What is your opinion? Have you seen great results from using programmatic advertising or do you think there are better options out there for marketing your products or services? We’d love to hear what you have to say.